The Oster XL Digital Convection oven is highly rated for its spacious interior and versatility.
Besides bringing your conventional oven to your counter top, this convection oven comes in a high-quality, attractive looking finish.
Is the Oster French door oven with convection worth buying? To save you a bit of time, we put the Oster XL Digital Convection oven to test. We evaluated its performance, design, and features.
Who Should Get The Oster French Convection Toaster Oven ?
The fact is, everyone has different choices and preferences. You can hardly find any product that is suitable for everyone. The Oster French Convection Toaster Oven is no exception. So, let's have a look, who should go for it.
- If you want to cook multiple food items at one go, this is for you. It offers maximum cooking flexibility in its range
- It's a perfect choice for people with arthritis problem who prefer "touch command" instead of maneuvering knobs. It has a nice digital interface with push button system.
- If you like slow cooking your food at a certain temperature, this would be a great buy.
- If you're looking for an affordable oven with single pull door opening system, this is for you.
- If you kitchen counter has enough space to accommodates a large oven, then you should get it.
- If you're looking for a glass door oven with interior light to monitor cooking, this is for you.
Oster French Convection Toaster Oven is a smart unit with digital control panel. It offers some unique features which are very rare in its rivals. We'll let you know about those things in this article. But, for now, let's have a look at the key features of the Oster French Door Oven.
Dimensions: 21" x 12" x 16" inches
Weight: 18 pounds
Number of cooking functions: 8
Convection Baking: YES
Number Of Rack Position: Two
Removable Crumb Tray: Two
Accessories: Two rack and two baking pan
Latest Price: Check Latest Price
Breaking Down The Oster French door oven:
Great Back-Up Oven
If you’re looking for a versatile backup oven where you can make side dishes, rolls, and even turkey breasts, you want this oven.
The Oster convection toaster oven is easy to carry and perfect for outdoor cooking and trailer homes. Whether you’re single, live in an apartment or you’re camping out, the Oster really fits the bill. It’s perfect for when you just don’t want to fire up your main oven or you don’t need something big and bulky.
Are you having a busy day and dread the hassle of meal time? Or is it an activity-filled sports night? With the Oster’s large cooking capacity, you can seamlessly make a huge batch of chicken fingers and potato tots.
The fully adjustable temperature settings go all the way up to 450 degrees. Users testify to having cooked bakes lasagna, cooked chicken thighs, and green beans.
Besides the size that makes it feel like a second oven, we love the double door design of this Oster XL. It’s another aspect of this countertop oven that makes it look like a professional oven. For easy access to your food items, both doors pull open when you pull one of the doors. This single door pull enables ease and convenience, allowing you to hold food items with the other hand.
However, users have complained about getting burnt when closing the doors or the doors getting closed on their hands. We suggest you pull the door all the way so that it will lock open by itself.
Another aspect of the Oster’s design that has garnered positive reviews is the easy-to-use interface. The digital controls provide easy access to useful functions such as dehydrate, defrost, a 90-minute timer etc. In addition, the Oster XL comes in a sleek, stainless steel design, which complements most décor.
Though there have been complaints from users regarding the small crack or space between the doors when they close, the oven doesn’t lose heat.
Versatile Cooking Abilities:
This Oster toaster oven might just replace your conventional oven, thanks to its multi-function abilities. You can toast up to 14 slices of bread, broil, warm, and make pizza with the touch of a button. The convection feature ensures even heat distribution and fast cooking.
We also love the two rack design that enables cooking flexibility. You can also use this French door counter top oven to slow cook, and keep warm certain dishes.
However, despite the raving reviews for the Oster XL convection oven’s heating abilities, some users complained about the inaccurate cook times. Due to the fast heating, we recommend that you keep an eye on what you’re cooking and don’t go by the timing on your recipes. It’s advisable to cut back cooking time by up to 30%.
Extremely Roomy Interior:
The Oster convection oven isn’t just pretty to look at—it offers an impressive cooking space compared to other countertop ovens.
The extra-large capacity lets you make two 16-inch pizzas at once or bake up to 12 slices of bread for your family. Viewing this convection oven from the front, you might wonder where all the large food items being pushed into it disappear to. It’s no mystery.
This oven also features a little bump at the back which gives it that extra capacity to hold all your large dishes. From turkey breasts, to family size roasts and chickens, the 1.2 cubic feet interior accommodates it all.
Cooking for the holidays? Fit two 6 pounds chicken into a 13 x 9 casserole dish and your holiday cooking marathon is on. It even accommodates 2-quartz sauce pans and size 9-10 cast iron skillets. Meat comes out golden brown, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Turbo Convection Technology:
One of the main advantages of this Oster countertop oven is the ability to bake like a conventional oven. The convection fans circulate hot air, eliminating moisture and ensuring your food is cooked evenly form all sides. This feature is great for functions like bake, roast, preheat, and pizza.
If your cooking requires that crispy on the outside and tender on the inside finish, the convection setting could be the solution. User reviews indicate that the Oster French door oven with convection is more efficient than a regular oven.
Though you don’t need this function if you’re just going to toast bagels or bread, it comes in handy when you want to bake. It’s useful for cookies, cakes, muffins, or desserts.
Besides providing fast heating, it heats up faster and consumes less energy, helping you save on electricity.
What’s more? You’ll get your food on the table faster. It’s no surprise that a user testifies to making 14-inch frozen pizza in 12 minutes. However, you have to experiment to figure out your temp and times for convection. Experts suggest taking about 10-20 degrees off, depending on the food you’re cooking.
This highly-rated convection toaster oven comes with all the convenient features you need to make delicious food for your family. This includes touch commands for pizza, adjustable time, and temperature settings.
In addition, the 90-minte timer ensures your cooking isn’t interrupted, and the oven automatically shuts off after the cooking process. And not to forget the keep warm feature which comes in handy when you have a lot of side dishes that you want to keep warm.
What We Like About This Convection Oven?
- Extra large: This is one of the largest toaster ovens the market. It is 1.2 cubic feet. Besides, the bump at the back enables it to accommodate more.
- French doors add a sleek look and offer convenience: When you open one door, both doors pop open. The French doors offer convenience when you’re carrying food items in one hand. You can easily use the other hand to get the doors open.
- Convection heating: This Oster oven excels in baking and roasting. From cookies to rolls, and meats, the convection fans ensure even cooking
- Oven light: The oven light stays on through the cooking process
- One-button cooking: Press a button broil, press another bake or *Auto-off feature: It maxes out at 90 minutes and shouts off for you
- Sleek design: Looks beautiful on your counter top
- Fully adjustable timer: Take control of your cooking-- over-ride the presets and personalize the timing and temperature to suit the food you’re cooking.
- Easy to clean: The interior is made of galvanized metal—you can wipe it
- Keep warm: This comes in handy when you have a lot of side dishes that you want to keep warm
What We Don't Like About Oster xl Convection Oven?
- No pause after the preheating: The timer counts towards the preheat time. So it’s best to add some minutes to your bake time to ensure perfect cooking results.
- Gets extremely hot: It’s advisable to be very careful when using this oven, and watch kids.
- A bit Pricey: The Oster is not as pricey as its counterparts like the Cuisinart TOB-260N1. However, it’s not as budget friendly as other toaster oven like the Oster 6-slice digital convection toaster oven.
Conclusion- Should You Buy It?
This Oster French door oven with convection comes in handy when you want to feed a crowd. The two-rack system and roomy interior combines with convection heating to help you save time and cook faster.
What’s more, the easy-to-use digital interface and one press cooking options provide convenience. Above all, the sleek design makes this Oster XL Digital Convection oven a perfect addition to your kitchen. The Oster XL is a fit for all types of home chefs.